KBP Region 4A Chapter Chairman as Special Guest - Local Press Assembly 2022
Local Press Assembly 2022 is a gathering of respected media organizations to held at the PEZA Convention Hall in Pasay City this June 24
Respected media organizations like Publishers Association of the Philippines (PAPI), Federation of Provincial Press Clubs of the Philippines (FPPCP), Boracay Global Press Corps Philippines (BGPCP) and more will be gathering this June 24, 2022 at the PEZA Convention Hall, located at the Double Dragon Center West Bldg., DD Meridian Park, Macapagal Avenue, Pasay City.
Dubbed the Local Press Assembly 2022 which is headed by PAPI Chairman Emeritus Johnny Dayang, has lined up the following topics geared towards strengthening the role of the community press under the New Administration:
- Catalytic role of Local Press under the New Dispensation;
- Significance of the new Department for Migrant Workers;
- PEZA as an Investment Haven in Asia;
- Creation of a Local Press Council in Cities and Provinces;
- Establishment of a Cooperative News Agency; and,
- Expanding the role of the Community Media Organizations in tackling critical issues.
The Local Press Assembly 2022 will also tackle the following issues:
- Legislation pushing for the passage of a law to Decriminalize Libel;
- Endorse to Congress the Passage of Stringent Laws against Fake News;
- Propose to Congress a Bill that Defines Human Rights and the Press; and,
- Pass a Law that Protects Legitimate Media Organizations and Practitioners.
Special quest will be present to speak and witness the said assembly including PEZA Director General Ching Plaza, appointed Malacanang press secretary Atty. Trixie Cruz-Angeles, Roy Bato, Kapisanan ng mga Brodkaster ng Pilipinas (KBP) Region 4A Chapter Chairman and more.
Mr. Bato who has been a broadcast journalist and media network owner for 25 years and currently the chapter chairman of KBP CALABARZON expressed his gratitude to be invited to the said PRESS assembly.